- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC -"DURHAM LEED" NERVOUS NELLIES RIDE Tuesday 4th June 2019
BSTHRC -"DURHAM LEED" NERVOUS NELLIES RIDE Tuesday 4th June 2019
BSTHRC -"DURHAM LEED" NERVOUS NELLIES RIDE Tuesday 4th...
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 357 941
(NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: On DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN all rides are automatically cancelled. If extreme weather conditions are forecast for the day of a planned ride or event, it is your responsibility to phone the ride Coordinator to confirm if the ride is still proceeding, or if details have been changed.
VENUE: Meeting at 218 Sandy’s Hill Road, Durham Leed. If travelling along the Midland Highway from Sebastopol you turn right at the roundabout at Buninyong towards Mount Mercer. Sandy’s Hill Road takes you straight ahead at the right-hand bend on Mt Mercer Road. The bitumen continues round the right-hand bend, but Sandy’s Hill Road is gravel and straight ahead. Number 218 is on the right-hand side at the bottom of the hill past McLeods. There is room for about 8 floats to park on the drive-way, with others in the paddock if needed.
RIDE: This is an easy leisurely “Nervous Nellies Ride” on undulating hills and bush tracks. Tracks can be rough in some parts with some stony dirt roads. It is proposed to ride a loop for approximately 2 - 3 hours, & return to the floats for lunch & socializing. Our host Cheryl will provide tea & coffee. In the event of rain, the route will be altered to avoid some steep, and possibly slippery sections. It is recommended that barefoot horse be booted on the front at least.
Please arrive about 9.00 am to register and saddle up for a 10 am (sharp) ride out.
Horseless Muster @ 9:45 am - Ride Out Time @ 10.00am sharp.LUNCH: Lunch will be held back at the house/floats.
Ride Fee: $2.00 All BSTHRC members - $5.00 all other ATHRA members & Day Members
Day Members must register online at www.athra.com.au , (pay the $15 ATHRA fee during the online process and $5-00 club fee on the day). Day Members should contact Alan Salter prior to the ride day, and please bring printout of your Day Membership for production to Club. A club “sponsor rider” will be appointed to accompany all Day Members on the day.Please read the Club Rules (below) which must be understood and complied with as a condition of participation.
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc.
Club Rules1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay at the time of registering, sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and willingness to comply.
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full address218 Sandy’s Hill Road, Durham Leed. Victoria
Date & TimeJun 04 2019 at 09:00 AM - Jun 04 2019 at 01:00 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc