Be a part of Australia’s premier representative body for Trail Horse Riders.
Ride with confidence when you have an ATHRA club membership.
ATHRA provides members with great value and benefits.
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at email@example.com or 0427 357 941
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please read the attached Club Rules Covid – 19 Protocols.
NOMINATIONS & FEES: This ride is open to Club Members, ATHRA members and Day Members.
Email nominations in the following format to firstname.lastname@example.org , no exceptions:
I, (enter your name), wish to nominate for the Smith’s Bridge ride on Sunday 8th August 2021. I declare that I have not knowingly been exposed to Covid-19 and that I do not feel unwell, nor do I have a cold or flu like symptoms. My Emergency Contact is, (enter contact name & phone No). (Hint – Copy & paste, add your details & email nomination.)
RIDE FEES: Club Members $2, other ATHRA members and Day Members $5. Please bring exact money as no change will be given. Exact money to be placed in container prior to the ride.
VENUE: Meet at SMITHS Bridge camping ground off the Beaufort Elmhurst Road. Ample room for safe float & gooseneck parking, whilst observing social distancing. Travel along the Western HWY from Ballarat and turn right at Caltex service station onto King St and continue onto Main Lead Rd. Continue onto Raglan-Elmhurst Road the destination will be on the left. It is 18.5km from Caltex service station to Smiths Bridge.
RIDE: The terrain and riding tracks are undulating to hilly with granitic sand to stony gravel, breast plates recommended. HORSES AND RIDERS MUST HAVE A DEGREE OF FITNESS, the terrain suitable for fit shod, booted or well-conditioned barefoot horses. Please note we will need to trot and canter at times to cover distance required, if not prepared to do so please do not nominate. Water and toilet available at the Campground, but BYO everything else. saddle bag lunch on track.
Riders must arrive about 9.00 am to register and saddle up for a 10 am ride out. Horseless Muster @ 9:45 am - Ride Out @ 10.00am sharp.
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club - Covid-19 Ride Protocols – revised 18th July 2021
1. No more than 50 riders will be permitted to attend a ride or event during Government imposed restrictions relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic. (*Number subject to revision).
2. If more than 50 nominations are received for a ride, a ballot will be held to determine who will ride. (A rider who is balloted out of a ride shall have priority at their next ride). All attendees must nominate by email to email@example.com . The nomination will assist contact tracing and is regarded as a signature on the Attendance Register. It must include a declaration or comment that the nominee has not knowingly been exposed to Covid-19 and they do not feel unwell or have a cold or any flu like symptoms, and an Emergency Contact name & phone number.
3. If subsequent to nominating for a ride, a nominee has contact with Covid-19, becomes unwell, or has cold or flu like symptoms, they MUST immediately advise the Club and MUST NOT attend the ride.
4. To avoid unnecessary risk of contamination attendees will NOT be required to sign the actual Ride Attendance Register.
5. All Ride Attendance Registers used during the Government restriction period shall include an acknowledgement that the attendee does not feel unwell or have flu like symptoms. Their emailed nomination will be regarded as a declaration to that effect.
6. The Trail Boss or a Club Official shall have the discretion to exclude a rider if they believe that rider’s participation may place others at risk, and that rider shall leave the venue immediately.
7. All attendees shall conscientiously observe social distancing and remain at least 1.5 metres away from others.
8. The Club will provide hand sanitiser and hand wash at all rides and events. Wherever possible water will be made available for washing of hands.
9. Members must observe recognised biosecurity measures, washing hands regularly and after contact with another rider and / or their equipment or property.
10. Horse floats shall be parked so as to allow good social distancing.
11. The Club recommends that all attendees supply their own towels. There shall be no sharing of tack or equipment, water buckets, sponges, towels etc.
12. Club equipment such as radios will be sanitised before and after each ride.
13. The First Aid kit shall be upgraded to contain face masks, rubber gloves, & hand sanitiser.
14. The Club strongly recommends and asks that members or other person attending rides or events during the Restriction Period download the COVIDSafe app to their phone.
15. All ride fees must be paid upon arrival at the ride venue, the exact ride fee placed in a named, sealed envelope with the ride name & date. Fees will be reconciled in accordance with recognised biosecurity practice.
B.S.T.H.R.C. Club Rules
1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and apply appropriate biosecurity strategies at all times.
3. No person shall attend a Club ride or other event if they feel unwell in any way, or have a temperature, or are experiencing cold or flu like symptoms.
4. All participants must pay the ride fee when registering and sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details. (Covid Protocols take precedence.)
5. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
6. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet.
7. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
8. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
9. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
10. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the commencement of the ride.
11. Horses must be appropriately conditioned & fit for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod.
12. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee & must display a blue ribbon on head gear & tail.
13. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended
14. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
15. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
16. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and a willingness to comply.