Be a part of Australia’s premier representative body for Trail Horse Riders.
Ride with confidence when you have an ATHRA club membership.
ATHRA provides members with great value and benefits.
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 357 941
(NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: On DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN all rides are automatically cancelled. If extreme weather conditions are forecast for the day of a planned ride or event, it is your responsibility to phone the ride Coordinator to confirm if the ride is still proceeding, or if details have been changed. Day Members must contact the Club before registering online.
Waterloo Cemetery. Travelling from Ballarat along the Western Highway, exit the Highway taking the ramp towards Langi Kal Kal Road and then turn right onto Trawalla Road for short distance then turn left onto Western highway towards Beaufort for about 200 metres, turn right onto Trawalla-Waterloo Road and travel to the Beaufort-Lexton Road. Turn right and travel for 2.5 klm, turn right onto Back Waterloo Road, go past Cemetery Road and travel another 300 metres to paddock on the left. Signs will be out. Travelling from Beaufort, turn north at the traffic lights and travel about 11 kilometres to Back Waterloo Road and then as described above. Safe parking in paddock, suitable for goosenecks on side of road..
This is a hilly ride with some stony sections and bush tracks. It is proposed to ride a loop of about 15 klms with Lunch on track. It is recommended that horses are shod or barefoot horse booted for this ride.
Please arrive about 9.00 am to register and saddle up for a 10 am (sharp) ride out.
LUNCH: Saddle Bag lunch on the track.
Ride Fee: $2.00 All BSTHRC members - $5.00 all other ATHRA members & Day Members
Day Members must register online at www.athra.com.au , (pay the $15 ATHRA fee during the online process and $5-00 club fee on the day). Day Members should contact Alan Salter prior to the ride day, and bring printout of your Day Membership. A club “sponsor rider” will be appointed to accompany all Day Members on the ride.
PLEASE READ THE CLUB RULES WHICH MUST BE UNDERSTOOD AND COMPLIED WITH AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATION.
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc.
1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay at the time of registering, sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and willingness to comply.