- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC -"LINTON – HAPPY VALLEY RIDE" Sunday February 18th 2018
BSTHRC -"LINTON – HAPPY VALLEY RIDE" Sunday February 18th 2018
BSTHRC -"LINTON – HAPPY VALLEY RIDE" Sunday February 18th...
Meet at Linton Recreation Reserve, on south side of the highway in Linton Township.
Ample room for parking floats, fresh water available.
RIDE:• The ride will start at the Linton Recreation Reserve, and will take in the Linton Nature Conservation Reserve and Clarkesdale Bird Sanctuary over 19.1kms.
• The bulk of the riding will take place before lunch, covering around 14.5kms, most of which will be hilly.
• The first 1.5kms of the ride will be fairly flat, allowing the horses to warm up a little before we get into the hills in the Conservation reserve.
• We will be climbing a total of around 260m over the course of the ups and downs.
• The longest stretch of ascent is around 1.4kms. Lunch will be at the Clarkesdale Bird Centre building, where there’s plenty of shade and places to tie up horses. As well as plenty of room for parking for whomever wants to join us for lunch. I will bring a large bucket and shovel for manure collection.
• After lunch, the remaining 4.5kms of the ride will be flat along the rail trail, giving the horses plenty of time to cool down, and arriving back at the Recreation reserve via Linton’s beautiful Avenue of Honour.
• Fresh tap water is available at the Recreation reserve for drinking and hosing down horses. I will bring a hose for everyone to use.
Saddlebag Lunch Clarkesdale Bird Sanctuary, byo requirements.
Horseless Muster @ 9:30 am
Ride Out Time @ 10.00am sharp.RIDE FEE: $2.00 All BSTHRC members - $5.00 all other ATHRA members & Day Members#
#Day Members must register online at www.athra.com.au , (pay the $35 ATHRA fee during the online process and $5-00 club fee on the day). Day Members must contact the Club prior to the nominated ride day, and please bring printout of your Day Membership for production before the ride. A club “sponsor rider” will be appointed to accompany all Day Members.
CLUB RIDE RULES:
All events are run in accordance with ATHRA’s Code of Conduct (found at www.athra.com.au ), & the following Club Rules:
• All riders must become familiar with, and adhere to, the Code of Conduct and Club Rules.
• BSTHRC recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover.
• Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet.
• Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
• Horses must be appropriately fit for the advertised ride or event, with feet adequately conditioned, shod or booted.
• All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
• Stallions may only participate with Club approval. Stallions must be identified with a blue ribbon on head gear & tail.
• Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
• Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
• Unless otherwise specified, dogs are not permitted at rides or events.
• All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the commencement of the ride or event.
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full addressLinton Rec Reserve- Glenelg Hwy Linton Victoria
Date & TimeFeb 18 2018 at 09:00 AM - Feb 18 2018 at 03:00 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc