- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC - "Sailor’s Falls Day Ride" - Thursday the 22nd June 2017
BSTHRC - "Sailor’s Falls Day Ride" - Thursday the 22nd June 2017
BSTHRC - "Sailor’s Falls Day Ride" - Thursday the 22nd...
Sailor’s Falls Sailor’s Falls in Wombat Forest, Ballan-Daylesford Road. Thursday the 22nd June 2017
Sailor’s Falls Sailor’s Falls in Wombat Forest, Ballan-Daylesford Road. Thursday the 22nd June...
Sailor’s Falls in Wombat Forest, Ballan-Daylesford Road.
Thursday the 22nd June 2017
Arrive @ 9.30 a.m. sharp - Horseless Muster 10.00a.m. - Ride Out 10.30 a.m.
Note: All rides commence promptly at the advertised time. Please be courteous and be ready to ride out on time.
Sandi Chiswell will host this ride and act as the lead rider. It is proposed that the 1st leg of about 8 to 10 K will depart at 10.30 am, returning to the floats for lunch about 12 to 12.30pm. The second leg will be over different tracks and of similar distance and time. These times may be shortened with some trotting/cantering, depending on riders’ wishes, skills and ability.
Nature of Terrain - Undulating easy grade tracks, mainly bush tracks but some gravel roads. Some traffic can be expected on the gravel.
Conditions under foot – Good underfoot, with an occasional gravel road.
Degree of difficulty – Suitable for our Nervous Nellie riders, but all members welcome.
Hazards – No known hazards.
Lunch Details – Members to provide their own lunch requirements for lunch at the floats between rides.
Ride duration – Each leg about 8-10 k, about 1.5 to 2 hours duration.
Float Parking Details - Parking is at Sailors Falls on the Ballan Daylesford Road, Corner of Telegraph Road and Ballan - Daylesford Road, there is a big open gravel area for parking, and it’s off the road (an actual car park.)
There is an electric BBQ at the car park and Sandi will advise if it is in working order before the ride. Drop toilets are also available and water for washing your hands. Mineral spring water is available for drinking but the club advises members to bring their own.
Cost: $2 ride fee for all ATHRA members and $37 for Day Members – NOTE: Day Members must register online prior to the ride at www.athra.com.au , (pay the $35 ATHRA fee during the online process and $2-00 club fee on the day). Day Members should contact the club prior to the ride and bring proof of Day Membership on the day.
• Horses are to be reasonably fit, with feet adequately conditioned and / or shod.
• All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
• Stallions by approval only.
• Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
• Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
• Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet.
• Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by their parent, guardian, or adult member nominated in writing by their parent or guardian.
• BSTHRC recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover.
• Dogs are not permitted on the ride itself but when in the float parking area must be on a lead at all times.
• All riders must adhere to the BSTHRC rules which incorporate the ATHRA Code of Conduct.
• All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the commencement of the ride.
• Riders may not leave the ride without approval of the Trail Boss.
• Day Members must remain with their member sponsor at all times during the ride.
Enquiries & Nominations:
Email nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org and use June 22 in the subject line.
Phone enquiries to Jeanie McDonald, 0424 672 567
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full addressCorner of Telegraph Road and Ballan/Daylesford Road. Victoria
Date & TimeJun 22 2017 at 09:30 AM - Jun 22 2017 at 09:00 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc