Baringhup Trail Riders Inc
Please see the documents section for ride calender and other information.
For info and nominations for any BTR rides/camps please direct your enquiry to David Wallace:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 0419359073.
The Baringhup Trail Riders Inc is a group of people with an interest in non-competitive horse riding, the outdoors and having fun.
Our club formed in 2007 , and has remained a small but friendly membership base since then. We conduct monthly trail rides on the 3rd Sunday (usually) of the month.
Our membership covers a diverse age range and we all have the common interest of enjoying our riding and the Australian Great Outdoors.
Club AdminBaringhup Trail Riders Inc
President: Sharon Soldatos
Vice President: Sally Foran
Secretary: Debby Sharbaugh
Treasurer: Linda Chase
Memberships: Sharon Soldatos.
Ride Coordinator: David Wallace & Debby Sharbaugh
Newsletter Editor: Justine Image.
0417 368 048
0419 359 073
Treasurer & Memberships
0409 285 413
Correspondence Secretary & Enquiries:
0428 250 056
Club Address: Baringhup Recreation Reserve, Baringhup, VIC, 3463
A nice ride through the Wombat State Forest. Leaving from Lake Jubilee at Daylesford. Saddlebag lunch. About 22kms.
- Sunday, 18 June 2017 12:00 AM
- Lake Jubilee, Daylesford. Vic
This is a day ride through the bush and along tracks towards Mt Franklin and then along bike tracks after lunch. BYO saddle bag lunch. An easy and...
- Sunday, 28 May 2017 12:00 AM
- 6551 midland Highway, Guildford. 3451
A short, afternoon ride through the local bush, hunting for those elusive Easter Eggs. Come along for some fun on Easter Sunday.
- Sunday, 16 April 2017 01:00 PM
- Midland Highway, Guildford. 3451
Pre-nominations are required for all BTR rides in 2017 Please see the ride description for the details of who to contact with your nomination. This...
- Sunday, 19 March 2017 09:00 AM
- Newcombe St, Chewton. 3451
Travel to the lovely Kingower area for a days riding around the Kooyoora State Park. This is a fascinating area. Visit the famous Melville Caves if...
- Sunday, 21 August 2016 09:30 AM
- Back Road, Kingower, victoria
This will be a nice day ride around the Barker's Creek area, along laneways and local bush. An easy ride for all abilities, recommended your horse...
- Sunday, 17 July 2016 09:30 AM
- Hagues Rd, Barkers Creek, Victoria
The Marong State Forest is easily accessed from Malone Park via some quiet dirt roads, so traffic should not be a problem. The terrain may be stoney...
- Sunday, 19 June 2016 09:30 AM
- Malone Park, Marong, Bendigo Victoria
Baringhup Trail Riders is hosting a 2 day ATHRA Accreditation course at their grounds in Baringhup, Central Victoria (near Castlemaine). Camping...
- Saturday, 07 May 2016 08:00 AM
- Baringhup, Victoria
This will be a 2-3hr amble on horseback through the historical Woodlands Park, on the outer fringe of Melbourne. The ride takes us through wooded...
- Sunday, 21 February 2016 10:00 AM
- Woodlands Historical Park, Somerton Rd, Oaklands Junction. Victoria
A short 12km ride in the bush around Wattle Flat, Castlemaine. Horseless muster at 9.15am, ride out on bush trails at 9.30am. Some undulating...
- Sunday, 17 January 2016 09:00 AM
- Castlemaine. Victoria
NOTE: CHANGE OF USUAL RIDE DAY TO SUNDAY 25Th October. Day ride to the top of Mt Tarrengower and down the other side! Some sections are very steep...
- Sunday, 25 October 2015 12:00 AM
- Mt Tarrengower, Maldon
Where: De la Beche Rd, Taradale When: Sunday, 20 September, 2015 Time: 9:45 horseless muster, 10 am ride out Parking: is opposite the Taradale hall...
- Sunday, 20 September 2015 12:00 AM
- Taradale, Victoria
This is a 2 day camp over at the Guildford Saddle Club grounds for BTR members and invited guests only. If you think it might like to attend, please...
- Saturday, 15 August 2015 12:00 AM
- Reserve Road, Guildford. 3451
The Baringhup Trail Riders Inc is a group of people with an interest in non-competitive horse riding, the outdoors and having fun. The Club was formed in February 2007.
We ride usually every 3rd Sunday of the month and occasionally we have 2 rides per month.
Our rides vary in location from month to month, and they are mainly in the Mt Alexander Shire. Please refer to our Ride Calendar for up to date information.
We have some great rides planned each year: both day rides,weekend rides and joint rides with nearby clubs.
Our Club Membership fee is $25 annually (for 2018) or you can come along and try as a day member for $35.00 Day Insurance plus a $5 ride fee; total fee $40.
Our activities include:
· Day rides
· Week end (or multiple day) base camp rides
· Other social activities such as BBQ's, joint rides with other clubs
What You Need
· A horse: does not matterwhat kind of horse you have ... so long as it is capable of covering the distance required
· All your own riding gear (saddlery)
· Your own transport (if you are lucky you may be able to hitch a ride, but don't rely on it)
· If you want to stay for the night: All camping gear for yourself and overnight gear for your horse (There are a lot of experienced overnighters in the club, so don't be afraid to ask, what to bring)
· A degree of horse knowledge and common sense